For 24 brownies of 5 by 5 cm
225 g fondant chocolate
100 g butter
325 g sugar
150 g sieved flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 g pecan nuts
– Melt and mix the chocolate and butter (microwaves are perfect for this).
– Loosely beat eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla and add to the chocolate mixture.
– Add the flour and the baking powder and mix.
– Roughly chop the pecan nuts and add to the mixture. Mix.
– Pour the mixture onto a greased, square baking tin and bake at 350° F (180° C) for 20 to 25 minutes (don’t let it get crisp).
– After removing from the oven, allow to stand for 10 minutes.
– Remove from tin and cut into squares of 5 by 5 cm.